Friday, November 30, 2007

Last Day of NaBloPoMo!


30 posts in 30 days. It was very different from how I thought it would be. It is clear to me now that if I want the type of blog that Emily, Heather, or Linda have I will have to change a lot of things. That's a decision I haven't made yet, and I'm okay with that.
Okay, on to the "content" (such as it is)!
Yesterday after work I went to the naturopath. The last time I saw her was October 17th, when I was about 11 weeks pregnant. Now I'm nearly 18 weeks. Being back in her office brought back a lot of memories. She always gets out her notes from the last visit and reviews them with me to see what's changed, so the contrast between how I felt at 11 weeks and how I feel now at 18 weeks was very clear to me. What a great way to remind me of how crappy I *don't* feel anymore!
For example:
At 11 weeks I was about to return to full-time work after 4 weeks of only working part-time due to exhaustion and stress. I was considering quitting choir and/or other outside commitments because I just couldn't keep up.
At 18 weeks I am working full-time, meeting my out-of-work commitments and even enjoying everything that's filling my time.
At 11 weeks I was so tired I needed to nap on the couch for 1-2 hours every day as well as my usual 8+ hours of sleep. I couldn't climb all the stairs in the house at one go, but had to pause on the landing to catch my breath.
At 18 weeks I have only 10-20% less energy than I remember having pre-pregnancy, but I am hauling around 20 extra pounds after all. I can climb the stairs (multiple times even!) without a pause, I can get through the day without a nap, and I can even do 30 minutes on the treadmill or elliptical a couple of times a week.
At 11 weeks I was terrified of losing the baby. Every time I went to the bathroom I half-expected to see blood.
At 18 weeks I am no longer terrified. Sure I worry sometimes, but it is not the primary emotion of my day-to-day life.
At 11 weeks I was so grouchy and stressed and hormonal that I barked and argued with my husband every single day. How he tolerated me, I don't know.
At 18 weeks, I am no longer grouchy or stressed, and my hormones are much more balanced. I'm no longer miserable and angry, and am (so I believe) a much more pleasant person to be around.
What a difference six weeks makes! I wonder what the next six will bring?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails