What’s happening with baby this week:
- Weight has doubled in past two weeks
- Fat begins to form ad will continue to do so until birth (this is definitely reflected in the Widgetbaby)
- Placenta is continuing to grow at an amazing rate; by the end of this week, it will be large and well-established with a network of blood vessels that exchange nutrients and waste
- Baby’s eyes are facing forward, ears are in final position
- Baby is more flexible and can move head, mouth, lips, arms, wrists, hands, legs, feet, and toes.
- Baby will start to hear sounds from the outside world; may react to loud noises or rhythmic music
- Baby’s lungs are beginning to “breathe” the amniotic fluid (but the placenta supplies oxygen)
- Reflexes for swallowing, sucking, and blinking, are developing
- Baby and placenta are now about equal in size
Random Food Item to describe baby’s size: small pomegranate
Symptoms to expect:
- Noticeable swelling in my abdomen
- Uterus is changing shape from a ball to an egg shape
- Sinus congestion and bleeding gums to continue
Symptoms I’m having:
- Noticeable decrease in migraines – 3 weeks migraine-free!
- Starting to look more “pregnant” than “fat” (pictures coming soon)
- Sore hips
- Sinus congestion
News to me: “Keep in mind during this time in your pregnancy the power of touch is very strong. Your baby can feel your movements and your touch while in the uterus, so take some time each day to rub your belly and tell your baby just how much you love them. This helps comfort your baby and initiates the bonding process.”
Things I’m looking forward to: Feeling the baby move. I am quite impatient for this at times. It usually becomes obvious for first-time moms sometime between 18 and 20 weeks. Chris, on the other hand, is wigged right out about being able to feel a kick from inside my belly.
Congrats on 17 weeks. It is so exciting now isn't it? I found out the sex for all three kids at 18 weeks. Such a great time in my life! Have fun.
Post a Comment