Wednesday, August 20, 2008

PSYCHO GWEN!

Last night, Gwen suddenly turned into a psycho. It was absolutely bizarre.

A typical night:
Between 7 and 7:30, we get Gwen ready for bed. I sing to her and nurse her in her room. She falls asleep around 8pm and I put her in her crib. Sometime around 3am, she wakes up. I bring her into bed, nurse her, and we both go back to sleep until 7am.

Last night:
Chris took a turn putting her to bed. At 7pm, He offered her a bottle of breastmilk, which made her scream inconsolably. At 7:30 I finally took over, soothed her and gave her the same bottle. She calmed down and went to sleep. Chris and I discussed how frustrating it was for both of us that sometimes she really prefers Mom.
At 8pm she was awake and crying. I nursed her for half an hour and she fell asleep. I put her in her crib.
At 11pm just as Chris and I were falling asleep, she woke up and cried again. Chris brought her into the bed where I nursed her.
For the next two hours she nursed on and off (mostly on) and refused to fall asleep. At 1:30am Chris went and prepared a bottle, took her into her room and rocked her. By 2:30am she went to sleep.
At 3am she was up again.
Chris brought her into our bed where she stayed for the remainder of the night. She nursed over and over and over again. When I came to full consciousness this morning, my nipples felt like a truck had been running over them all night. Whenever I gently pulled away into a more comfortable (non-nursing) position, she rooted and bonked me with her head until I gave in.

I don't know how on earth she got any sleep at all. I barely did, and Chris looked like hell this morning, poor guy.

She's got to be teething, right? I mean, what else would make her essentially CHEW on me all night long!? Man, I sure hope tonight is better.

2 comments:

Amberism said...

Teething seems totally plausible, as does a growth spurt, maybe? Or maybe she's catching a cold and just wanted to comfort of nursing?

(don't you just love how parenting is this constant guessing game? Fun.)

Jen said...

Oh no :( Crummy. I hope it's not teething yet! Does she have a fever at all? Drooling?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails