Saturday, May 31, 2008

Win Some, Lose Some

Good news: The Ameda breast pump I rented (thanks again, Mom) is working very well. I've gotten 1 ounce per session, and the time to get 1 ounce has gotten shorter and shorter. I am very pleased.

I've even managed to get this trick working for me (next step - pumping while surfing the web). And the picture below works really well for conditioning my letdown reflex :-)

Bad news: I don't actually know if I can use the milk I've pumped, what with the thrush outbreak. (Though if I understand this site correctly, as long as Gwen and I are still being treated, she should be okay to receive the 'infected' milk.) I've been symptom-free since yesterday, but even so, I don't want to risk re-infecting. I've left a message with Lillian for guidance.

Good news: Chris is home today (Oh, how I love weekends) and he’s been handling Gwen pretty much all morning.

Bad news: Gwen has needed a lot of handling, because she is quite miserable today. Poor little thing. When will she learn to speak English so she can tell us what's wrong?

Good news: Being Gwen-free this morning, I decided to do something utterly spontaneous and unheard of for many weeks: make fresh bread in the breadmaker.

Bad news: The little piece that goes in the bottom of the breadmaker and kneads the dough? Missing in action. I can’t even imagine where it might have been put by God-knows-who and when, because it’s been a long time since I used the breadmaker and there have been a lot of people in and out
of our house since then.
Good news: I decided to make cookies instead, with the yummy frozen cookie dough I bought from my sister.
Bad news: I burned the cookies. I should have just eaten the dough. Doh.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails