No Wordless Wednesday today, because my camera's memory card is MIA. That is, notably, not one of the things that is making me happy.
1. I totally and completely love my new job. I have been here four months now and feel like I've found my feet. My colleagues appreciate me, the work is fascinating and worthwhile, there is a great deal of flexibility, and they've even paid for me to take training in Microsoft Access which I have been coveting for years.
2. I recently fought and won a battle with the Union and Human Resources to have the year I worked in a 'temporary' position recognized for wage increment purposes. Which means, I got a raise a year earlier than they wanted to give it to me, and I'll get raises for the next two years as well.
3. Gwen is thoroughly and completely entertaining. She has a great sense of humour and just brings us so much joy and laughter. Plus, she has finally started saying "I love you" without prompting. I love that she is at an age to entertain herself a great deal, and that her imagination is starting to take off. I can't believe some of the things she comes up with.
4. I love the way I am spending my evenings. Doing craft projects with friends, watching movies with Chris, working on schoolwork - it's so fantastic to feel like I am filling my time with activities that reward me and my family, rather than take away from us. Selfish, perhaps, but my soul was well overdue for a good feeding. I feel very free.
5. The deck and garden are looking fantastic. As a result of this and the hot weather, Gwen is having the sort of summer I've always wanted her to have: one spent outside, goofing around and having adventures. The fact that I get to sit in a deck chair and read doesn't hurt either.