Friday, March 7, 2008

Spreading the Joy

A week or so ago I ran into a woman I'd met at pre-natal yoga class, Chai. I'd heard through the yoga grapevine that she'd had her baby, so she of course hadn't been at class in a while. I said hi to her, asked her how she was doing, chatted for a few minutes. At one point she said she wasn't managing as well as she'd hoped. I told her that in my opinion, she was out of the house, *not* dressed in pajamas, wearing jewelry and her hair was done - I thought she was doing just fine, and should give herself some credit! She smiled and went on her way.Last night at yoga, the instructor mentioned that she'd run into Chai also, and that Chai had said my remark was a real positive lift for her. Hooray!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails