Friday, March 21, 2008

I told you my belly was big

Yesterday at our bi-weekly visit with the midwife, Lillian noted that my belly is measuring a little large. Like, 90th percentile large. I originally assumed this must be due to the fact that I've finally discovered how to cure the 9am queasies (down 3-4 Chunks Ahoy cookies till the nausea passes). But no, apparently there are other causes for large bellies, and it was suggested that I go get an ultrasound to determine if one of these might be at play.

The two reasons she cited to me were an extra big baby (which I think is likely, for no real reason) and an excess of amniotic fluid. The excess amniotic fluid, in turn, could indicate that there is a problem with the baby's kidneys. I am summoning all my will power not to go all Google-happy and scare the crap out of myself with more info on fetal kidney problems than anyone ought to look at.

In the meantime, I get to waddle my way through the long weekend and try to distract myself, because there's no way I'm getting any information for at least a week.

Then again, if there was genuine concern about an urgent problem, I guess Lillian would be sending us to the hospital for an ultrasound, STAT, so I guess I should try to relax and be groovy.

2 comments:

Amberism said...

man, a week is a long time to wait...

you have always thought that she'll be a big babe, so I figure your instincts are probably right. heh.

Kat said...

She is probably just a big baby!! Please for heavens sake dont go googling things. If you feel the urge just write me haiku's instead or google things like the history of chunks ahoy cookies or maccaroni and cheese.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails