Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Clever Game of Spot-the-Difference

If I had a dollar for every time someone asked me whether I was "sure there's just one in there", I could outfit the nursery. (Well, no, that's not quite true. If had maybe $50 for every time someone asked me that, on the other hand, I could do a bang-up job.) The point is, I get this question a lot, and while it doesn't offend me, it did make me curious enough about my weight gain and how I'm carrying to actually do some comparisons. Here's what I found:


me, 12 weeks pregnant




someone else, 12 weeks pregnant with twins





me, 20 weeks pregnant





someone else, 20 weeks pregnant with twins





me, 32 weeks pregnant





someone else, 32 weeks pregnant with twins


So, yeah. Is it really that hard to tell the difference?

8 comments:

Amberism said...

I got the the twin thing a lot this pregnancy, and I'm textbook in the measuring, which I would always say "Nope, actually this is total textbook for size, I'm a textbook pregnancy) and they're like "oh! really?!". I think people have multiple fascination these days ;).

Funny, with Callum no one assumed it was twins and when I say I'm the say size they look at me like I'm crazy. I've even gained less weight this time ~shrug~.

Kat said...

I never thought you look like you have two in there. I can't believe you're not offended when people make that comment!

adequatemom said...

Kat,
It never occurred to me to be offended. What's the point? I know the truth about my body more than anyone else does. Which means I might get upset when my clothes don't fit or I don't look the way I want to look, but I'm not going to get offended by someone else's comment. They's just ignorant after all.

OHmommy said...

Holy smoke... that last picture is crazy. Can you imagine? Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Awww, Im hoping to have twins myself. :) Good luck mommies.

Anonymous said...

That 20 week photo isn't someone who had twins, it's Andrea. I remember her maternity trousers. http://www.superherodesigns.com/journal/archives/000904.html
She had a baby boy, Ben, he'll be three soon.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm fresh at this community n' I have needed to tell howdy to everybody :D

I've been following this web site for couple of months and it appeared like a awesome palce to be a member of.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails