Sunday, March 16, 2008

So Tired...

So tired, but just can't sleep. Can't get comfortable. Hips hurt too much to sleep on one side for long and when I turn over it is such a production (with full-size body pillow plus two normal pillows plus blankets) that I wake up, and also wake up my poor husband who thinks I am falling out of bed. This morning I could have slept in till noon but instead got up at nine because my hips were killing me too much to lie down anymore. It's so unfair that the last six weeks of pregnancy - the last six weeks before I become the most sleep-deprived person on the planet - should be spent not sleeping. Dammit!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Maybe try putting a hot water bottle wedged against your sacrum somehow. I usually sandwhich it between a pillow and my low back and lay slightly to one side. This reduces the pain a bit but mostly distracts your mind from the pain. I realize that in the morning there is no more hot in the bottle so maybe get a heating pad and keep it next to the bed for the mornings?? I also have to get out of bed on account of the hip pain but I am not so starved for sleep as you are.

sarapants said...

Good ol' Mother Nature helping to prepare you for your future life of sleeplessness. So totally unfair!

Amberism said...

When babe arrives, you get special hormones that are very nice. I found they made the sleepiness with babe way more tolerable than the sleepiness when babe was in my belly! And yeah, you totally get to put the baby DOWN. Or hand her off!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails