Monday, November 26, 2007

17 weeks (and 2 days)

17 weeks pregnant, and I had the heaves again this morning. They seem to hit at a certain time - about 9:30 am - and since this is long enough after my breakfast to have mostly digested the food, nothing really comes up. But the heaves still need to happen, dammit, and they need to happen now, and I can't wait for the day when I'm on the phone with some important manager somewhere and I need to tell them to hold so I can go heave for a few minutes.

The good part is that about 10 minutes after the heave session, I feel great.

It doesn't happen every day, but it happens often enough (about once a week) that I am just too nervous to get off the Diclectin (anti-nausea medication). My midwife has reassured me that I can stay on the medication for the next 23 weeks if I want/need to. But I feel a little frustrated being dependent on drugs that way.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails