Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Red Letter Day

Yesterday, September 2nd 2008, is a red-letter day.

I was alone in the house with Gwen. And I made dinner. That has never happened before!

Gwen played happily on her playmat while I artfully arranged nachos on a plate, sprinkled with pre-shredded cheese, and cooked some ground beef to go on top. She even entertained herself for the ninety seconds the plate was in the microwave, but most importantly of all, she continued to do so during the 10 minutes it took me to eat dinner. Yes. I got to prepare, cook, and eat dinner while Gwen amused herself! This has never happened before.

Sure, it's only nachos, but one has to start somewhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's awesome! I bet your red letter dinner tasted pretty sweet =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails