Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hickeys and Hair Loss, I am TEH SEXAY

First of all, I am not losing my hair. No. On the contrary, I know exactly where my hair is, and the answer is freakin' everywhere. On the floors, on the counters, on the couch, in the bed, on my clothes, in between Gwen's adorable pudges, and maddeningly tickling my chin, shoulders, neck, and back at every opportunity. I would prefer if my hair was lost, actually. I would prefer if I woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and was half-bald. Then at least it would be over with. My house looks absolutely disgusting with my hair all over every surface. I'm pretty sure there's enough hair to build another Laura, but as I doubt the usefulness of a hair clone, I don't think I'll bother. Unless there's some way to make the hair clone lactate?

I think the real reason moms cut their hair after having a baby is so they'll be finding much shorter, more manageable clumps of hair around the house. That's my theory.

Also, Gwen had a crappy sleep last night, and so I did too. She usually moves into our bed at 4am. Last night she came in at 2am. Sometime during the next six hours she latched on wrong and I have a bizarre-looking hickey to prove it. I can't remember the last time I had a hickey, but I'm quite certain that when I did, it was a sign of love and affection (or at least physical desire), not a misguided attempt to procure food. Of course, once she latched on and didn't get any food, she would have only sucked harder. I vaguely recall the sharp pain of this happening in the middle of the night, but I guess I didn't react soon enough. Bah.

In any case, our week is going rather better than I expected, and I did get out this morning for a long walk while Gwen stayed with her Grandma. I spoke with KG yesterday and reported good progress: Gwen had only 2 ounces of formula yesterday, and her weigh-in showed a good gain (nearly 4 oz in a week, with healthy range being 3-5 oz). So I'm optimistic. There have definitely been some really hard times along the way, and there will probably be a few more, but I am seeing progress and that's very encouraging.

1 comment:

Amberism said...

I know what you mean about the hair loss, it's maddening!

And that is awesome about the nursing! I'm glad that you're seeing some positive results!

We need to get together soon, maybe next week or the week after? Are you around?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails