Saturday, January 2, 2010

Resolutions

On Thursday afternoon I was busy writing a post about my New Year's Resolutions and Gwen's New Year's Resolutions and even recapping our resolutions from LAST year and how they played out, when suddenly a terrible, horrible, no good very bad MALWARE VIRUS came and ate my lappy.

The meaning is clear: both Gwen and I are perfect the way we are, and should initiate no change.

(The resolution I was writing about at the time was the one about giving up sarcasm. I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING.)

Chris is out at the movies right now, so I have borrowed his lappy. Before he went to the movies, he took my lappy to a computer repair place. That is how desperate the situation is: for the first time in my life, I am actually going to pay someone to fix my computer.

(I don't mind that much, actually. I'd much rather pay some stranger to do it, than listen to Chris sweat and curse and be grouchy and completely unavailable to help with anything else for a week and a half, OH YES I WOULD.)

(Maybe I will feel differently when they hand me the bill.)

Since Thursday's post is utterly gone, and also my motivation to recreate it, I'll just hit the highlights.

Laura's Resolutions 2010
1. Give up angry sarcasm. Not all sarcasm, just the hurtful kind. Can I still be funny without hurting people's feelings? Let's find out!
2. Be more accepting of myself. I've got a lot of stuff going for me. And according to recent photographic proof, I'm actually not fat!
3. Stop using that really annoying way of asking people to do things. "Do you wanna ...?" No, they DON'T wanna. If you need/want them to do something, just ask them with real words: "Could you please ...?"
4. Spend more time doing the things I want to do. These include blogging, needlework, picture management, socializing, and family time.

Gwen's Resolutions 2010
1. Grow. If I got just a little taller, I could turn the doorknobs, and then I'd be UNSTOPPABLE.
2. Learn how to work the DVD player. If I want to watch Kenshin, I want to watch it NOW!
3. Explore the possibilities of snuggling with my mom in a location that isn't my crib. It seems impossible, but maybe, just maybe, it'll work.
4. Pee on the potty. Maybe just once, so I can see what all the fuss is about.

Anyway, I have no idea when I'm going to post again because (a) dead lappy, and (b) I have to go back to work on Monday. I'm very mournful about this because I was really starting to like sleeping in till 8:30. 6:45am is going to hurt so very, very much. Oh, my life is SO HARD.

(When I do get to post again, remind me to tell you about Gwen's search for Jesus, and about her shopping trips at Gramma and Grandpa's.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails