Monday, December 17, 2007

Naked Finger

I went and got a facial, a manicure, and a pedicure last Friday - an early Christmas gift to myself, which I've been saving for three months in order to afford.

It was absolute heaven.

The day before the spa, I got puffy. Not terribly puffy, just enough so that my watch and charm bracelet became uncomfortable, and I thought I should take off my wedding ring. So I wore it on my necklace all weekend. This morning I am a little less puffy so I put the ring back where it belongs.

The thing is, the beautiful manicure and the sparkly nail polish I chose don't do nearly as much to increase the beauty of my hand as that simple, perfect wedding ring. I hate not wearing it, my hand just looks wrong without it.

Now I have a quandary, because if my hand is puffy enough that I shouldn't wear the ring, it's also puffy enough that I can't get it off. And if my hand is unpuffed enough that I can take the ring off, I don't want to take it off because I like having it right where it belongs.

Also, I am 20 weeks and 2 days today and I threw up at work again. Every time I think I am past that phase, it seems I really am not. The weirdest part is how 10 minutes after I throw up I am ravenously hungry!

1 comment:

OHmommy said...

Being puffy is no fun. Hang in there. Only 20 more blissful weeks left!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails