Monday, March 2, 2009

I am not Mature

I just got a chance to hang up on this lady.

And I took it. Gleefully. And I only feel a little guilty.

(She called to tell me that hey! She does have a 3-day spot opening up soon after all, and there are only 3 people on the list ahead of me! Aren't I excited? It was when she sheepishly said, "Oh, you must kind of think I'm out to lunch," that I decided I could be straightforward with her, and when she AGAIN denied hanging up on me ("I didn't hang up on you, the phone just did whatever it did,") that I decided immaturity was the better response.)

(The last thing I heard her say before I hung up was "So, you're telling me that after we've done all this work, you don't want the spot? FINE!")

2 comments:

Jen said...

Woo Hoo! Good for you.

Amberism said...

Seriously, she starts going on about the work? Really? I'd have hung up, too.

I had a telemarketer hang up on ME today. I said, politely, thank-you for calling but I am not really interested and she hung up. No alright, or thanks for your time, just "click". I stood there for a second confused...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails