Thursday, October 30, 2008

NaBloPoMo


Yes! I am going to do NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) again this year.

For the uninitiated, NaBloPoMo is an event where bloggers the world 'round - despite the "national" descriptor - attempt to post in their blogs every day in November. It's a spin-off of the famous NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month, where would-be authors hunker down to write 50,000 words in the month of November. Both events feature networking tools, message boards full of support and comisseration, and prizes.

I completed NaBloPoMo successfully last year, but I'm thinking that this year might be a bit more of a challenge. Let's review:
November 2007: three months pregnant.
November 2008: mother of a six-month old.
November 2007: 'working' at a job that practically guaranteed me four hours of uninterrupted web time daily.
November 2008: staying at home with a baby who practically guarantees me no time to myself whatsoever. (And supposedly, this is not 'work' ...)
November 2007: my main computer is located in my 'work' office, which I share with no one. Entire days go by when I don't see another human being.
November 2008: my main computer is located in my kitchen, where I am constantly distracted by ... pretty much the entire world.
November 2007: the ability to pontificate and ponder at great length about my pregnancy and my future as a parent.
November 2008: the inability to string two coherent thoughts together due to sleep deprivation.

It's odd, of course, that the busier and fuller your life is, the more you have to blog about, and the less time you have to do so. I seriously don't know how real bloggers do it.

Nevertheless, I'm going to give it a shot, renaming it "NapBloPoMo" in honour of the time when I will be composing the bulk of my posts. Wish me luck!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails